Book Review – 1000 Questions For Couples
Hi and Welcome to Questions for Couples – A Site Dedicated to Helping You Two Stay Together.
Get All the Questions You Need Right Now!
==>>> Click Here <<<==
I’ve heard more than once, that “50 percent of all first marriages end in divorce”… Hmmm That’s a horrible statistic, isn’t it? Even worse, 78 percent of all second marriages end in divorce. A bit sickening, right?
The flip-side to the fist stat above is that 50 percent of all first marriages end in death. Think about for a second before you shake your head. The ones that end in death, well, they got it right… Right?
So, let’s focus on how you can get your relationship off on the right path, keep it on the right path for “As long as you both shall live”, shall we?? Good.
First thing – Is the person you are with, the person you should be with? Is he/she the person you think will be that forever guy/gal? Perhaps even before that, however, you should ask yourself… “Am I the forever kind of girl/guy”? Answering that question is really paramount to a long-term relationship or a marriage, right?
Ok, you believe you want to be married and he/she is the right one. But how can you know for sure? Well, I don’t know that you can KNOW for sure, because each of you is going to change over time. You may or may not have kids, you will likely struggle financially from time to time throughout your lives and health and other family-related matters will most certainly impact you two in a negative way throughout the years. Trust me – been there, experienced ALL of that! Not fun either I might add.
My belief is that most of us get so excited about finding our dream guy or our dream girl, or perhaps we are just happy to have found SOME one who looks back at us, that we fail to really analyze the situation objectively and without passion (passion is good, don’t get me wrong, but in the wrong places or the wrong times, it can lead to poor decisions)…yeah, I experienced that too.
Anyway, it’s important for all of us, young and old a like, to really thing through marriage before just jumping in because it “Feels Right”. Do what you can to make it “BE Right” and then “Until death do us part” will be your result… The best result possible.
My sincere and highest recommendation for anyone in a committed relationship is to obtain a book – A book of Questions for Couples who truly are or want to be in committed relationship. I personally enjoy two books immensely.
One is “The Five Love Languages” and you can find that at Barnes and Noble or any other book store for about $15 or so. Yes, buy it and read. You’ll be shocked at what you find out about yourself and your lover.
The other is an easy downloadable book from this site – Questions for Couples. The banner ad is below and you can click and buy it today for a about $27 I think.
You may not think a book on Questions Couple Need To Ask Before Marriage is important, but the statistics don’t lie. Seriously – 50 percent fail! As a divorced man with two kids, let me just say, that failing in marriage sucks! Going through divorce is hell on earth. I’m not trying to scare you out of marriage, oh no. On the contrary, I want you to find the person of your dreams and then get CONFIRMATION that he/she is right for you and you are right for her/him… Get it?
Ok, so a bit more about the Questions Book:
- It’s very easy to read and laid out well.
- It will help you set the tone with your partner, to foster a loving back and forth of information sharing, thereby making it easier to ask difficult questions as well as to answer them.
- Michael’s book does not beat around the bush and shoots straight from the hip throughout, which is really helpful, especially if you are “IN LOVE” and can’t see the forest through the trees…. That is a fun place to be, for sure, but not to make life-long commitment sort of decisions. You need a coach and this book is excellent at it.
- The list of questions is staggering and absolutely comprehensive. A real time saver if you are actually serious about how begin this very important dialogue before you say “I do”.
- You may be able to guess a few of the obvious serious topics covered the Questions Book, such as: Money, Religion, Children, etc. But this book is so extensive and actually covers all the topics I could possibly imagine including some the ones that drove us nuts in the earlier days of our marriage, such as: Driving habits, Vacations, Pets, Where to Live, Which way do you like the toilet paper to roll (you know, important stuff )
Anyway, the point is… If you take charge of getting to know each other, before you tie the knot, you’ll stand a much better chance of keeping your marriage together and your relationship strong when things get tough. AND THEY WILL GET TOUGH – COUNT ON IT. Nearly all marriages that fail do so because of a breakdown in communication. Learning to be a better communicator with your love, before marriage, will improve the odds of your marriage ending in death. Remember, that’s the goal, right? :)
Buy more of Michael’s books as I know he’s got some killer packages to go with his program of building successful, healthy, happy relationships… After all, that’s why he’s on Oprah as often as he is… He knows his stuff.
The guy knows his stuff.
Best of luck to you two, whether you are:
- Currently married and trying to figure out how to bring up and discuss topics that you didn’t talk about before you got married and now need to, or…
- Are still in the starting blocks and the gun hasn’t gone off yet. Now’s the time!
One of the biggest reason marriages end in divorce is because couples fail to ask the big questions before they walk down the aisle.
Filed Under: Questions for Couples Review